There’s nothing like a fresh display of greens during the holidays, whether on your patio or indoors. Wreaths, garlands, centerpieces and porch pots add a festive feel and amazing smell to your home. The question is how do you keep them looking their best?
- We’re here with a few tips and tricks to keep those greens going!
Always buy greens that are as fresh as possible. Just like we do with Christmas trees, give the greens a shake before you buy them to be sure there isn’t excess leaf or needle drop. From the moment they arrive, Willow Ridge always keeps your greens in fresh water.
- If you are creating your own wreath, swag or garland, be sure to give the greens a fresh cut and place them in water at home until ready to assemble.
- If you are using your greens outdoors, try and place them in shady locations as sun and wind will dry them out quickly.
- If your greens are indoors, try to place them away from heating vents, sunny windows and fireplaces.
- Keep a spray bottle filled with water handy and mist your greens at least once a day, especially indoors where the air tends to be dry.
These simple steps will help keep your displays looking bright and fresh, so gather those greens and create a Christmas to remember!